Homeland Defense — The protection of United States sovereignty, territory, domestic population, and critical infrastructure against external threats and aggression or other threats as directed by the President. Also called HD. (JP 3-27)
Homeland Security — A concerted national effort to prevent terrorist attacks within the United States; reduce America’s vulnerability to terrorism, major disasters, and other emergencies; and minimize the damage and recover from attacks, major disasters, and other emergencies that occur. Also called HS. (JP 3-27)
- Department of Homeland Security 2020 Homeland Threat Assessment, DHS October 2020. The report is a first-of-its-kind report synthesizing threat assessments across DHS including intelligence and operational components.
- Department of Homeland Security’s Strategic Plan for Fiscal Years 2020-2024, DHS, The FY20-24 Strategic Plan articulates the Department’s missions and goals, the strategies DHS employs to achieve each goal, and long-term performance measures that DHS uses to evaluate progress.
- The 2014 Quadrennial Homeland Security Review, DHS 2014. QHSR) is the Department of Homeland Security’s capstone strategy document, which is updated every four years as required by law. The report offers recommendations on long-term strategy and priorities for homeland security. DHS never issued the 2018 QHSR. 2010 QHSR.
- First National Strategy for Homeland Security, Office of Homeland Security July 2020. This document is the first National Strategy for Homeland Security. The purpose of the Strategy is to mobilize and organize the Nation to secure the U.S. homeland from terrorist attacks.
- 9-11 Report by the The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (also known as the 9-11 Commission) July 2004, an independent, bipartisan commission created by congressional legislation and the signature of President George W. Bush in late 2002, is chartered to prepare a full and complete account of the circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, including preparedness for and the immediate response to the attacks.
Home Office – Publication of Volume 1 of the report of the public inquiry into the attack on the Manchester Arena. This report has been
Oversight Of The January 6th Attack: United States Capitol Police Containment Emergency Response Team And First Responders Unit Hearing
Committee on House Administration Hearing Witnesses Mr. Michael A. BoltonInspector General, United States Capitol Police Mr. Michael A. Bolton SCP IG Summary and Recommendations Report
Statement by President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. on the National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism
Domestic terrorism – driven by hate, bigotry, and other forms of extremism— is a stain on the soul of America. It goes against everything our
Remarks as Delivered Oh, this is the whole, the whole place is filled. This is good. The Great Hall is beginning to look like a
- Department of Homeland Security has six overarching homeland security missions that make up its strategic plan: 1) Counter Terrorism and Homeland Security Threats 2) Secure Cyberspace and Critical Infrastructure 3) Strengthen Preparedness and Resilience 4) Secure U.S. Borders and Approaches 5) Preserve and Uphold the Nation’s Prosperity and Economic Security 6) Champion the DHS Workforce and Strengthen the Department.
- Committee on Homeland Security, US House of Representatives, here you can find information about our members, hearings, bills we introduce and pass, and, of course, news on our oversight efforts.
- The Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, is the chief oversight committee of the U.S. Senate. Formerly known as the Committee on Governmental Affairs, it took on primary oversight responsibility for the Department of Homeland Security in 2003.
- National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS), in 2011 the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) replaced the color-coded alerts of the Homeland Security Advisory System (HSAS) with the National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS), designed to more effectively communicate information about terrorist threats by providing timely, detailed information to the American public.
May 2021 NTAS Bulletin
January 2021 NTAS Bulletin